Halloween!

My Halloween with Mr. Bawden's 5th grade class was a very special one. My lesson focused purely on Halloween, dance, and having fun! While it was a little crazy with all of the costumes and excitement, I witnessed the dancers truly enjoying dance.

We warmed up by dancing like zombies, waking up for the first time. Then we played a fun zombie game, and ended with learning/performing Thriller. Thriller is such an easy and fun way to engage the dancers in a Halloween dance activity. It is also a way they can relate to their parents who may know Thriller as well.

It was such a great experience for me to be able to teach a Halloween lesson and give the dancers a chance to have fun with dance. I will never forget the smiles and giggles of the dancers accompanied by their creativity and imagination.

Halloween Lesson




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding the Theme

Welcome!

Varying Degrees of Freedom