A Field Guide to Aliens

The Field Guide to Aliens is one of my favorite lessons to teach! This lesson is based off of the book, A Field Guide to Aliens by Johan Olander. I first created this lesson as a member of Brigham Young University Kinnect Dance Company in the Spring of 2019. With the help of my Kinnect Director, Angelia Rosales Challis and fellow Kinnect member, Sarah Olmstead, I was able to develop a creative dance lesson that explores these aliens through movement!

The alien lesson introduces five unique aliens: Aji, Zappy, Disco, Quadra, and the Intergalatic Worrywart. All of these aliens are unique with distinguishing characteristics and personalities. Throughout my lesson, we explore qualities of movement, levels, and different shapes that creatively express these five aliens.

This was a great introductory dance lesson for my 5th grade class and I am excited to see my class grow throughout the semester!

 Alien Lesson Plan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding the Theme

Welcome!

Varying Degrees of Freedom